jueves, 13 de octubre de 2011

PRESENT SIMPLE VS PRESENT CONTINUOUS




1. 
CHOOSE BETWEEN PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS 
My dog (not eat)  vegetables.

2. 
 What's that noise? Somebody (practise)  the piano.
3. 
 (you go)  to the party next Saturday?
4. 
 Oak trees (grow)  very slowly.
5. 
 'Where is Kate?' 'She (watch)  TV in the living room.'
6. 
 In his job he usually (stand) .
7. 
 She (have)  a shower at the moment.
8. 
 He usually (work)  with paints and brushes.
9. 
 Right now she (run)  down a hill.
10. 
 At work he usually (sit)  all day.
11. 
 I'm looking at that woman, she (wear)  a nice dress.
12. 
 My brother (not like)  animals.
13. 
 (you ever work)  at the weekend?
14. 
 Most people (not like)  to visit a doctor.
15. 
 Do you know anyone who (speak)  Italian?
16. 
 We (go)  to the cinema this Friday.
17. 
 They (go)  on holiday every winter.
18. 
 The days (be)  longer in summer.
19. 
 She often (talk)  to herself.
20. 
 I never (go)  out in the evening.














1. 
 Why (you drive)  so fast today?
2. 
 They (save up)  because they want to go on holiday next year.
3. 
 The water (boil)  now. Shall I switch it off?
4. 
 The duck (smell)  delicious!
5. 
 Sometimes, Tom (do)  his homework after lunch.
6. 
 My husband often (read)  detective stories.
7. 
 Look at that girl. I wonder who (she wait)  for.
8. 
 I'm busy at the moment. I (rebuild)  my mother's house.
9. 
 I won't go out now because it (rain) .
10. 
 I (wear)  my favourite skirt today again because I like it.
11. 
 I (give)  a birthday party tomorrow evening. Will you come?
12. 
 He always (say)  he is the best one but I don't believe him at all.
13. 
 Hardly anybody (sing)  like you do.
14. 
 Don't smoke. (You not see)  the sign?
15. 
 'What does Tom think of me?'
'He (think) 
 you are very funny.'
16. 
 'What does she usually do at the weekends?'
'She usually (walk)
the dog.'
17. 
 'I'm sorry I've eaten your share of the cake.'
'Don't worry I (not like)
it anyway.'
18. 
 'Do you believe me?'
'No, I (not believe) 
 you at all.'
19. 
 (not use)  the dictionary! It's not allowed.
20. 
 (do you)  anything tonight?







PRESENT SIMPLE
A. Fill in the blanks
1. Water ...................... at 100 degrees centigrade (boil)
2. George ......................................... to the cinema very often (not/go)
3. How many languages ........................................ ? (you/speak)
4. The swimming pools ...................... at 9.00 and ................. at 18.30 every day (open; it/close)
5. How many cigarettes .................................... a day? (you/smoke)
6. I have a car but I .................................... it very often (not/use)
7. She .............. the piano but she .......................... the flute (play; not/play)
8. What ...................................? ("often"/mean)
9. What ...................................? I'm an engineer (you/do)
10. Mice ......................... cats; cats ................... mice (not/catch; catch)

B. Translate
1. ¿Cuánto ve la tele Ana?
2. Rara vez escribo a mis padres
3. ¿Dónde trabaja Tomás?
4. Normalmente cocina una vez al día
5. Nos llama a menudo
6. ¿A qué hora sueles cenar? [normalmente cenas]
7. Siempre voy al cine los viernes
8. ¿Por qué hace la gente el tonto? [cosas tontas]
9. Nunca está en casa a las seis
10. A veces salimos juntas



PRESENT CONTINUOUS
A. Fill in the blanks putting the verb in the correct form.
EX:
Please don't make so much noise. I am studying (study)
Let's go out now. It isn't raining any more (not/raining)
Listen to those people. What language are they speaking? (they/speak)


1. Please be quiet. I ............................ to concentrate (try)
2. Look! It ............................. (snow)
3. Why ............................. at me like that? (you/look)
4. You ............................. a lot of noise. Can you be a bit quieter? (make)
5. Excuse me, I .............................. for a phone box. Is there one near here? (look)
6. (In the cinema) It's a good film, isn't it? ......................................... it? (you/enjoy)
7. Listen... Can you hear the people next door? ..................…........ at each other again. (they/shout)
8. Why .................................... your coat today? It's very warm. (you/wear)
9. I .................................. this week. I'm on holiday. (not/work)
10. I want to lose weight. I ............................ anything today. (not/eat)


B. Translate (present continuous with a future meaning)

1.
¿Qué vas a hacer mañana por la noche? (o "¿Qué haces mañana por la noche?")
2. Voy a ir al teatro (o "Voy al teatro")
3. ¿Vas a quedar con tus amigos esta noche?
4. Mañana trabajo (o "Mañana voy a trabajar")
5. Me marcho el viernes por la mañana
6. Nos vamos a quedar en Londres dos semanas
7. Vamos a quedarnos en un hotel muy barato
8. Vamos a salir a tomar algo



C. Translate (present continuous as a present and as a future)

1.
Estoy leyendo un libro muy emocionante
2. ¿Dónde vamos esta noche?
3. ¿Qué haces? (o "¿Qué estás haciendo?")
4. ¿Quién va a venir?
5. Espera, no estoy escuchándote
6. Estoy escuchando unos discos viejos de mi hermano
7. Mi amiga está terminando sus estudios
8. No voy a alquilar este coche
9. ¿Estás preparando la comida?
10. No estoy disfrutando esta fiesta


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario